Vitamin D levels extremely low

Patient

Q: Im taking 50,000 milligrams of vitamin D twice a week but my levels are lower what would cause it to get lower. plus im in the sun daily to help try to bring it up but it is getting lower

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

Vitamin D deficiency is very common and on the weekly supplementation of Vitamin D, it takes a lot of time to get the levels in normal range.
If your Vitamin D levels are marked "Insufficient" according to your laboratory then you would require to get Vitamin D in injectable form. Otherwise, just continue with the oral supplementation. Increase sunlight exposure.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.