VitaminD dosage

Patient

Q: Hello,

I have a history of ligament tear on both my ankles. I did my test of vitamin D3 and B12 done in an annual checkup. This test was done 6 months back was then diagnosed with a vitaminD deficiency with a count of 7 6-months back. I was then told to take a calcirol cadila sachet(60000 UI) one a week for 8 weeks.

Just a month back i again had an ankle injury and so repeated the vitamin D test. I saw that i was once again low on vitaminD. I was again given the calirol sachets again for 8 weeks again and then told to repeat the dosage once every month i.e 60000 UI per month.

I wanted to check on the dosage being right and there will be no adverse effect

Thanks
LAxmi

Doctor