Volume lost in face after punch in eye.

Q: I was punched in the eye, 5 months later my face dropped and lost volume,under my eye is deeper set and darker than the other side and my nose to mouth line is more prominent and my cheek is much less plump than the other.Will it go back to normal after time or will I have to consider some thing else? Is there something natural that can help me or will I have to resort to dermal fillers ? This is something I don't really want to do. I feel like its ruined my life!

A:   You have not stated whether you had your injuries assessed by a doctor. However, it seems to me that the blow you sustained may have been more serious than you realised. You may have fractured your cheekbone and this would explain the symptoms you are now experiencing. I strongly suggest having x-rays of the injured area done to look for signs of a healed fracture or deformity in the cheekbone. The deformity can then be corrected by a facial surgeon and the symmetry restored to your facial features.