Vomiting and chills

Q: My boyfriend was awake most of the night with discomfort, he said he felt nauseous and acidity in his stomach. He went to work this morning, and felt very very cold and on the brink of vomiting. He went home and vomited (he said it was very liquid, and he thinks he saw some blood in the vomit). He has been in bed since, feeling very cold, shaky and sick. He says he feels he will be sick again. He has no energy and generally feels ill.
Last night he ate cooked turkey breast with cous cous and red pepper. The turkey was cooked through.
Any idea what could be wrong? If it was a virus, I presume I would have caught it as well, having spent the weekend in his company.