Vomiting and loose stools when I have cold

Patient: Every time I get a cold, I also get severe vomiting and diarrhoea as well.each time I have an episode of diarrhoea, I go very dizzy and hot and nearly faint. This got so bad a few years ago, that my doctor referred me to the hospital. I had lots of tests, but they could never find anything wrong with me. Then I started taking a zinc, echinacea and vitamin c tablet every day, and stopped getting any colds. I’ve recently had two colds in the space of a month, and both times have had the vomiting, diarrhoea and dizziness again. Can anyone please tell me why?

Doctor: Your symptoms are essentially cause due to a viral infection. There is no need for you to to concerned. No treatment is required and the infection usually subsides on its own. Drink plenty of fluids and get rest. Use an analgesic such as acetaminophen to reduce fever. If your symptoms get worse or you don’t get any better after a few days, see your doctor.