Vomiting Bile

Q: What could be causing my vomiting?

For the past two weeks, I have had several 3 or 4 instances of waking up in the morning around 6a.m. where I vomit nothing but bile. On two occasions I have vomited for several hours ...I don't even know how I could have so much bile... usually laying down, falling back asleep and then waking back up to run to the bathroom. I always wake up breathing hard, with a terrible pain just below and center of my ribs.

Diarrhea accompanies this... typically so much so that I am pooping nothing but brown water by the end of the episode. After I'm done, I go back to bed and wake up feeling fine. My stomach feels off, but usually I am craving pickles vinegar limes lemons, which put my stomach back to feeling normal.

The third episode, I only threw up twice. I ate a pickle in between these times and did not have diarrhea, but my stomach has bothered me all day despite taking peptobismal and tums. Right now I feel I could throw up ...which is strange, as it usually only happens in the mornings... and know I probably will soon after laying down.

I have been pretty stressed and depressed lately and that seems to have triggered my lessened eating habits and tendency toward heartburn. I'm wondering if these episodes may be linked as well, but that's why I'm asking here.