Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Vomiting for the past week

Vomiting for the past week

Patient: Hello I’m a 19 year old female and over the past few weeks I have been vomiting 1-2 times a day no food just bile, I have all so had constant headaches and I’ve lost a heap of weight I am not pregnant for I am not sexually activeI have no desire to eat at all during the day I don’t get hungry I keep up my fluids but I just puzzled as to why this is happening

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted your history of vomiting bile and loss of appetite, weight and all the features y ou have noted.I would advise you the following in such a situation:-Upper GI Endoscopy-Barium studiesCT scan of the abdomenTests of blood, urine and stool- particularly the liver function tests, kidney function tests, pancreas enzymesOnce a proper diagnosis is obtained further treatment can be well planned.