Vomitting during sodium deficiency treatment

Patient : Hi, My mom is currently suffering from Sodium deficiency. Her sodium level as of now is 116. From today, doctors have started giving sodium to her. Few mins ago she vomited. But doctors are not very sure why it happened. Anyone of you what could be the possible reasone and what is the countermeasure for the same? Thanks
Symptoms:  Vomitting
Doctor :   She is having this condition called as hyponatremia. The main symptoms of hyponatremia include nausea and vomiting, head ache, lethargy and irritability. lower the sodium concentration the more severe the signs/symptoms. Since your mother is having a low sodium of 116 she will have these symptoms. The treatment of hyponatremia depends on the underlying cause. Intravenous administration of normal saline(salt) is usual and sodium correction should be done slowly. Once her sodium levels increase and become normal she will be relieved of vomiting.