Vomitting in Children

Patient : Both my kids are thowing up should i take them to a dr or should i wait what to do
Doctor :   I understand your worry about your children’s condition. The most important issue to deal with is the dehydration. Child ldren could dehydrate very easily especially when having diarrhea, vomits and fever. I would suggest you to keep them well hydrated, you might want to try Pedyalyte to rehydrate them and also to replenish the electrolytes lost with the vomits. Usually after vomiting we lose electrolytes such as Potassium that would leave us feeling tired and without appetite. Once we start to recover those electrolytes, we start feeling more energy and appetite. Secondly I would suggest you to keep an eye on the temperature, watch for fever and diarrhea and if present too, you could give them children’s Tylenol to lower the temperature or apply physical methods such as lukewarm water baths and applying humid compresses under the armpits or the forehead. If in the next couple of days they are not fully recovered, you might want to consult your Pediatrician for a more detailed evaluation. I wish them a prompt recovery.