Vyvanse Tolerance Rate

Patient

Q: How quickly does a tolerance to vyvanse build?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) is a medication used to treat attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder. It is difficult to state definitively when or if you develop tolerance to this medication as we are not certain as to how severe your ADHD is and what your dosage is. It is important that you are closely monitored by your doctor to determine if tour dosage needs to be adjusted to effectively treat your ADHD. If you notice when taking your Vyvanse that your symptoms are not being treated, then you would need to report this finding to your doctor to determine if you need a change in medication or increase your dosage.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your health question.