Waht is a panectomy?

Patient : I was advised to get a panectomy. Can you please explain what that would entail and how long the process would take for the procedure? Thank you for your time.
Doctor :   A panectomy is a surgical procedure, usually performed by a plastic surgeon, that involves removal of the excess skin an d fat around the abdomen. This procedure is most often performed on persons who have weight loss surgery and thus have lost large amounts of weight leaving a lot of loose skin. However, you would probably be better served by undergoing an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) procedure. In addition to removing the excess skin, such a procedure would 'tighten' the abdominal muscles as well.