Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Waiting anxiously for results

Waiting anxiously for results

Patient: I had my period Jan 2, 2015. I haven’t gotten it yet. We are trying to concieve. I have had negative pregnancy test. Can I still be pregnant?

Symptoms: Sore breasts, hunger, tired, acne

Doctor: Hello,If your last menstrual period was on 2nd jan 2015 then considering that you have a regular cycle , you are just 3 days post your missed period and a urine pregnancy test is less sensitive till atlas 7 days post missed periods.It is hence suggested that a repeat urine pregnancy test may be performed on the 8th day post your missed periods to establish the presence or absence of pregnancy confirmatively. If the test is negative then you can opt to safely wait for your menses to return naturally for 15 days after missed period. Usually within that time period , the menses resume naturally.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards