Walking down flight of stairs my leg made a noise

Patient: Walking down flight of stairs my leg made a noise like wood splitting followed by severe pain. Couldn’t put any pressure on leg for two days, finally made myself walk. This was 4 1/2 weeks ago. I still have severe pain and stiffness/swelling. X Ray of knee showed a little degeneration around knee, ultra sound shows a bakers cyst. When will pain go away and I can walk normally?

Symptoms: Severe pain in leg, especially below left side of my right knee, also swelling around knee area. Ibuprofen does nothing for pain and it is very painful to walk.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.A baker’s cyst is a fluid filled swelling around the knee. It needs to be treated by th e following methods. The treatment is very manageable:Medication like corticosteroid and NSAIDs may help with the pain. You will need a prescriptionDrainage of the fluid will helpPhysical therapy like icing and compression can help with the painSee a Doctor or a Pain Doctor to get these. Hope this helps you.

View all posts