Patient : Since young, I have been allergic to my pets. For example, when my rabbit or fancy rats scratch me, the scratches will swell up a little like mosquito bites and become really itchy. If I'm near them for long periods of time, I start sneezing. However, I have noticed that when I worked in the local zoo for a couple of weeks, I did not show any signs of allergy at all. I worked mainly with kangaroos, wallabies and occasionally with monkeys, gibbons and hippopotamuses. Any way to solve this issue? I really really want to have an animal-related career! Thanks :)
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.