Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Want to get rid of acne permenantly

Want to get rid of acne permenantly

Patient: I m suffering from acne my age is 25 these days recently acne appears and scars r red colour I am a medical student and i tried benzoyl peroxide bt i stopped it cauz it causes redness of my skin for scars i used hydroquinone and hydroquinone not working for red acne scars please doctor tell me the way of permenant cure for scars and acne

Symptoms: Red acne scars and acne

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.For control of acne, medications are started depending on the grade of acne.In m ild to moderate acne, only topicals are sufficient including retinoids, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid.In moderate and severe grade, oral medications like doxycycline / minocycline / azithromycin are started.In Refractory cases, consideration is given to start oral retinoids.Retinoids help in the cure of acne, control of acne and management of scars also.Chemical peels is also another good option for acne and its scars.You can share my opinion with your doctor.I understand your concern.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.

View all posts