Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Want to know whether i am pregnent or not

Want to know whether i am pregnent or not

Patient: Hi i am 28 years old ,my last period was in 16th January. i got a pregnancy test last night and it was negative,so i am confused am i pregnant or not?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Delay in periods can occur due to many causes.If you are h aving history of unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation there is a possibility of pregnancy.Usually in case of regular periods urine pregnancy test kit can give an accurate result after one week of expected date of periods.If you are having history of irregular periods, better to wait for one more week and repeat pregnancy test or you can go for a blood test for pregnancy now to find out the possibility of pregnancy.Hope this helps.Take care.