Wart removal

Patient

Q: What type home remedy or over the counter medicine can i buy for genital warts

Doctor

A:   There are treatment options available for genital warts which patients can apply themselves but I would not recommend the treatment untill complete evaluation of the cause of the warts as they can be associated with other sexually transmitted diseases like syphillis and also with infection of Human Pappiloma viruses(HPV).Though we do not go for HPV testing routinely, but patients particularly in your age groups , may have association of HPV with the warts  which have completely different cource of treatment and management.