Wart 'thing' on my foot, what is it?

Q: I have this wart like thing on my foot (see image) I really don't know what it is or why it wont go. Can anyone recognise it? At first I thought it was dry skin so filed it but it wasn't long before it started to bleed. It does get dry skin on it so I file it away but I can do it a lot as it starts to hurt and begins to bleed. Please someone let me know if there's anything I could do to get rid of it. I am having trouble uploading a photo but I would be able to email it to someone who is willing to help

Symptoms:  None

A:   Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we were unable to view your image however, your description leads us to believe that you have developed a plantar wart. Plantar warts are very common and readily treated by over the counter plantar wart removal medications or in your doctors office. Please feel free to consult your local pharmacist or doctor to discuss your options for removal of your plantar wart.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com