Warts Recently Appeared What should I do?

Patient

Q: A couple of weeks ago I noticed a spot on my anus area which I thought was a skin tag. I asked my dermatologist about it. She didn't seem heavily concerned because it was monotone and I have a history of benign skin tags. However, this past weekend I noticed the spot has turned white and increased in size. Of my initial reaction is scared and concerned. I phoned a local specialist and the earliest he can see me is nearly two months out. I need some answers now regarding my daily activity. From what I have read this virus is very common and many people may have and spread the virus never having known about it. I am a gay male, I am 27 and my partner 36. We have been dating a little over a year. I have participated in anal sex very little, only three men, including him. He has only been with me in that way. I also had the Gardasil shot two years ago to prevent against this.
How exactly is this virus transferred? Clearly anal sex will spread the virus but what about oral? How about kissing? Is the virus so sensitive that kissing or cuddling or holding hands can transfer the virus, or sharing the same linens in the same bed? Should he and I refrain from having sex, of any kind, until this issue is taken care of? He has small kids, and I am worried sick that he could transfer it to them just through a simple touch or kiss on the cheek, pleas tell me I'm wrong here! Lastly, is there any sound testing to be done which will result in an accurate positive or negative result? Thank you so much, I eagerly await your response.

Doctor