Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Was at the ER an was told that I have Boxers fracture

Was at the ER an was told that I have Boxers fracture

Patient: Was at the ER an was told that I have a boxers fracture. They put a cast on went to the bone and joint doctor the next day. He said it was not broken an took the cast off. Well its still badly swollen an hurting very bad what is my next step

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.If there is no fracture, this must be muscular pain. P ain and swelling can be there in muscular pain.For acute muscular pain I advise following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy