Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Wasp sting Very red Swollen in me area of my leg

Wasp sting Very red Swollen in me area of my leg

Patient: Wasp sting.Very red. Swollen in me area of my leg. Feel slightly sick but I don’t know I that’s just the shock havnt thrown up not dizzy. Just rlly stings. Been like this for 10 mins but idk if it’s normal?

Symptoms: Red. Swelling. Stinging. Throbbing

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.Try following measures for a faster relief:-Ice the area.For pa in, take an over-the-counter painkiller like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.For itchiness, take an antihistamine. You can also apply a mixture of baking soda and water or calamine lotion.It might take 2-5 days for the area to heal. Keep it clean to prevent infection.Consult a physician in person if you have any of the following :-Trouble breathingFeelings of faintness or dizzinessA history of severe allergy reaction to insect stingsHope this helps. Take care.