Water Intake is OK When Doing a Fasting Glucose Test

Patient : I am supposed to take the 3 hour glucose test in the morning and I am supposed to fast. Is it safe for me to still drink water?
Doctor :   I understand your doubt about Glucose testing. This test is ordered to measure the amount of glucose in the blood to det ect both hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia, diagnose diabetes or monitor glucose levels in persons with diabetes. Blood glucose may be measured on a fasting basis, you are not supposed to eat for the last 8 hours, however water would be fine. I hope I cleared your doubt.