Water pockets under feet

Patient

Q: I am a 31yr old female that has episodes of small water pockets underneath my feet. The water pockets never appear on my heel or my toes. They only appear where at the arch of my foot and part of the flat section meta tarsal area. I don't have any other problems with my feet. Is this a circulation problem? What exactly is this? Truly, Uninformed

Doctor

A:   Those “water pockets” or blister that you described typically are caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure or infection. Most blisters are filled with a clear fluid called serum or plasma (aka, "blister water").Blisters on the feet can be painful to the point of being disabling. Whether it's time to get a new pair of shoes or boots or whether you need to cover a sore spot please keep an eye on blisters to make sure that they don't get infected and leave any type of surgery to the doctor.