Waterbury's Compound

Patient

Q: I have been told by a Homeopath that the Waterbury's Compound is a BAND DRUG.Is it true?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Waterbury's Compound is a homepathic preparation whose active ingredients (Creosote 5.5mg and Guaiacol 0.25mg) are believed to treat the symptoms of coughing, congestion associated with the 'common cold'. However, this substance has not be tested for its safety and efficacy by the Food and Drug Administration, so we cannot endorse it as a safe treatment option. If there is any suspicion that this preparation has been recalled, discontinued, or band in any way, we recommend that you refrain from using, in case it has been found to be unsafe for consumption.

Please be guided accordingly. Regards, AskTheDoctor.com