x
88 Physicians Online

Question:

Ways to stall or bring a period on early?

In a month or so I'll be visiting my boyfriend. It's been a while since we've been together, so haha to put it plainly, we're both very anxious to be intimate with each other. Unfortunately my birth control tells me that I'm due for my period exactly on the day the trip starts. I'm devastated because I don't know when I'll see my boyfriend next after this, and we've missed each other for a while. Is there anyway to stall my period, or maybe make it arrive early before the trip begins?

Answer:

Postponing periods is a tricky affair and most doctors will advice you to keep menstruation free and unhampered. However, there are certain situations when one will find an extreme need to postpone it. Since you're on birth control pills, skipping the placebo pills and immediately starting on the next cycle of pills will delay your periods.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.