We are trying to get pregnant

Patient: Hello, my usual period cycle is 35 days. I am currently in the process of undergoing some fertility tests with my own doctor however she has advised me that a blood test is required 21 days after the first day of my period so can’t be done for a couple more weeks…. so I need to wait. My period since coming off the pill has been regular every 35 days give or take 1 day but this month, I am 8 days late. I have taken two pregnancy tests and the first one showed an error and the second (from the same pack) was negative….. what should I do?

Symptoms: Late period

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have missed your periods by 8 days already and you feel that the urine pregnanc y test kit has been showing erroneous results, then you may opt for a blood serum beta hcgtest to confirm or rule out pregnancy with surety.The day 21 test is the serum progesterone levels to look for LUTEAL PHASE DEFECT which is a part of infertility labs.If the test is negative, then you may opt for a withdrawal bleed with progestins to resume your menses.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health,Regards