We just suffered the earthquake in Nepal and

Patient : I am from Nepal. We just suffered the earthquake and have little access to clean water. I am having a lot of loose stools and pains in my stomach. Is there anything I can do?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. We hope that everyone in your family is safe and out of immediate danger. The most likel y cause of diarrhea in this case is infective. The first and most important thing to do is to drink lots of clean water. Do not get dehydrated. You can try to obtain chlorine pills if available and then clean water. If this is not possible, then sieve the water through a cloth and then boil it for 15 minutes. Also, leaving the sieved water in the sun for 8 hours will cause the impurities to settle and the water will be clean. Medical care should be available to you soon and when it comes, take antibiotics to help fight the diarrhea. I also recommend that you evacuate the earthquake area for the time being and head somewhere safer. Wishing the best for you.