We use the pull out method so how can I be pregnant?

Patient

Q: I had a three day period last month and then two weeks later i spotted brownish red blood for two days can i be pregnant we have only used the pull out method

Symptoms:  lower back pain,nauseas,kind of sore breasts,frequent trips to the bathroom,fatigue
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
The spotting you had may or may not be implantation bleeding which leads to a pregnancy. Pull out method however does not provide 100% safety in avoiding an unwanted pregnancy. You also got to ensure that your last monthly cycle was normal as per your previous cycles or not and was the flow of the regular pattern you generally have. You have not mentioned how long back you had this spotting. If you missed your period, go for a home pregnancy test 7 to 10 days past your expected date of the menstrual cycle.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.