Weak and painful knees

Q: This past summer in August my right knee was hurting from my job at work that required me to be on my feet about 5-6 hours a day and lifting things. I got an xray and an ultrasound but the doctors said nothing was wrong. Now it is almost April and I work as a host at a restaraunt constantly walking and standing on my feet anywhere from 5-8 hours. Both of my knees hurt tremendously. It hurts to walk or sit and stand up, bend and straighten them. I find myself taking more medicine to try to stop the pain. I was a dancer for 13 years so I have wear and tear from that as well. I'm wondering if I need another xray, ultrasound or MRI to see if everything is alright with my knees. On days when I don't work I find it difficult and painful to cross my legs or walk up or down stairs sometimes. Also looking for an orchestra medicine that will stop the pain currently.

Symptoms:  Painful knees, weakness when standing up, can't walk straight