Weak knees

Q: Hi

I have a question regarding my knees. I am twenty years old and I seem to have weak knees. It started when I was 15. There is no pain involved but I used to get a sort of heat like sensation in my knee. Like as if I can feel a slight heat from inside my kneecap. So I went for to a doctor and was encouraged to do knee strengthening exercises and even went for physiotherapy. I am not even athletic although I used to dance and not rigorously either. I know that I have weak thigh muscles. My physiotherapist told me that the muscles supporting my kneecap are weak. Moreover, my thigh muscles feel flabby -as if the tissues are wasted or something like that(and I'm really skinny so its not due to fat!) and they have been this way as long as I can remember..way before i started dancing. One doctor commented on the weird thighs and said "they look wasted".

What I'm most concerned about is this huge fear I have about dislocation. It has never happened to me but I am TERRIFIED that I might be susceptible to it after witnessing it happening to two of my dance friends.
Sometimes, I feel my knees having a grinding sensation and they sort of feel wobbly. Its hard to explain what the issue is, because its not like there's a real pain associated with it, but I just know and can feel that my knees are weak. When this happens, because of my fear, I'm even afraid to stand up from my chair.
when its more weak than usual, i can feel bone movements within my knee when I extend and bend my knee and its troubling me. I am only twenty years old. I dont feel confident standing up and doing activities
Please help me with any assistance. I would greatly appreciate you time