Weakness in my right arm

Patient

Q: I have difficulty with my right arm. I cant do anything with it i mean i can like swing it around and kinda grip stuff. I had this problem since i was born it wasn't just my right arm it was the right side of my body. i started walking walking late to when i was a baby. when i got older i would walk with a limp not a pimp walk limp but a like mental limp but i did exercises and stuff for that i walk fine now.i cant flip my arm around either like to the side with the veins facing up. i just cant really use it. My left arm is way bigger than my right arm because i do everything with it when i say everything i mean everything. its like i had a stroke or something when i was born. i don't have any problems with brain controls the ability to pay attention, recognize things you see, hear or touch, and be aware of your own body. its just like the right side of my body nothing wrong with my brain or anything. its like weakness in my right side. i was just wondering can you tell me what happened to me. and exercises i can do with my right arm so i can use it more and get it bigger?

Symptoms:  Difficulty with my right arm
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
I have two possibilities for you:
1. Cervical Nerve compression.
2. Stroke.
Now a clinical examination can make in differentiating the both conditions.
Since you have weakness in whole one side of the body stroke is more likely. Usually it is associated with facial deviation too.
Actually we can identify on clinical examination very clearly if this is Stroke.
See your doctor. Share my opinion. If he feels the same after clinical examination he will post you for MRI brain and Cervical spine.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.