Weaning off Venlafaxine

Patient

Q: I am seeking advice about weaning myself off of slow-release venlafaxine, which I was taking for depression. I now believe that I am 'cured' and I just don't have the budget for them anymore.
I have been to see my doctor (I am a new patient so they know absolutely nothing about me.) and she wants to do it far slower than I believe is necessary, and is starting with the queitapine dose that I also take. I have managed to reduce that, against her advice, to one for a week and hope to stop these by the weekend. I don't have the time to go to the doctor and she is unwilling to ring me as I have requested so I feel that I have no other choice. I currently take 2x 75mg, and would like a way which will not incur too many side-effects as it is essential I am able to work.
Going to the doctor is a complete waste of her time when I am perfectly capable of doing this myself with the proper advice, there are sick people out there that need the help far more than I do.

Thanks for your help

Doctor