Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Wearing a tshirt under shirts and sweaters

Wearing a tshirt under shirts and sweaters

Patient: What are the advantages of wearing a t-shirt under your regular shirts or sweaters? My girlfriend never puts a t-shirt on our 11 year old and now he has a cold. I try to tell her it’s importan and helps keep our bodies warm…especially young kids…What can I do to make her realize this? Please give me some answers…thank You!

Doctor: Unfortunately wearing a tshirt under your clothing doesnt really affect this. It is however important to make sure you a re dressed appropriately for the weather when in colder climates. For example wearing a jacket outdoors, scarves etc.