Wearing a tshirt under shirts and sweaters

Patient : What are the advantages of wearing a t-shirt under your regular shirts or sweaters? My girlfriend never puts a t-shirt on our 11 year old and now he has a cold. I try to tell her it's importan and helps keep our bodies warm...especially young kids...What can I do to make her realize this? Please give me some answers...thank You!
Doctor :   Unfortunately wearing a tshirt under your clothing doesnt really affect this. It is however important to make sure you a re dressed appropriately for the weather when in colder climates. For example wearing a jacket outdoors, scarves etc.