Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Week after hurting my lower back

Week after hurting my lower back

Patient: I was lifting and twisting in an awkward way and had my lower back feel like something was squeezing it with a dull pain and I can’t bend over. it’s been a week an most of the pain is gone besides when I sit for more than 10 minutes the dull pain comes back a little. Is my spine still bruised? Or what do you think?

Symptoms: Dull pain in lower center back

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have strained your lower back from lifting and twisting. Since it h as been a week that you have had this pain it would be wise to go to your doctor to have a thorough examination of your back along with x rays performed to determine the severity of this injury. We recommend that avoid heavy lifting and strenuous activity affecting your back. Please see your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com