Week early brown spotting instead of period on birth control

Patient

Q: I've been taking ortho cyclen for seven years now. I started it when I was twelve to regulate my periods, but have become sexually active only within the last year. About a week after my last period, my boyfriend and I began having sex for about thirty seconds without a condom before we stopped to put one on. A week before my placebo pills, I started spotting brown. This continued for about a week, I was spotting a mix of brown and red very lightly. I never received my full period and now it is time to begin a new pack. Should I be concerned?

Symptoms:  Brown spotting, missed period, spotting
Doctor