Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Weekly once while split blood coming just little bit

Weekly once while split blood coming just little bit

Patient: Weekly once while split blood coming just little bit

Weekly once while split blo...-1

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.The X-ray image that you have attached is incomplete, so i am una ble to comment on that. But blood in sputum (Hemoptysis) requires evaluation. In case you have you are suffering from Bronchitis, excessive coughing might be the cause behind your hemoptysis. The other common causes being Sinusitis, Pulmonary Tuberculosis, Lung cancer. I would advise you to get investigations to rule out Tuberculosis or any bleeding disorder. You should get a Hemogram with ESR, PT/INR, Sputum for AFB, CECT Chest and X-Ray Sinuses. If there is any fever associated, you would require broad spectrum antibiotics like Amoxycillin, Azithromycin. For symptomatic relief from hemoptysis, we advise Cough syrup containing Codeine.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.