Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Weight causing problems?

Weight causing problems?

Patient: I have been having the symptoms of a yeast iinfection (itching and cottage cheese looking discharge). But, I’m not sure it can be a yeast infection, because I have been overweight since I was 14 and I have never experienced one.

Symptoms: Icthing and white clumpy discharge

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Being overweight alone is not a risk factor for getting a yeast infection, it can be noti ced in lean people as well.The common causes for the same include poor sanitary hygiene, longer antibiotic therapy for any cause, low immunity, pregnancy, stress and many more.a thick curdy white, cottage cheese like discharge with severe itching is most likely to be a yeast infection. You may visit a gynecologist for an examination and may need to get a few investigations like blood and urine tests, blood sugar check as well. Also, your partner also may need to get checked. A course of antibiotics and vaginal pessaries will solve the problem. Avoid unprotected intercourse and use a condom. Also, make sure your partner also gets treatedHope this helpedReagrds