Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Weight gain after changed in diet and exercise

Weight gain after changed in diet and exercise

Patient: I changed my diet and have been working out for the past few months and my weight hasnt done anything good, it keeps going up what can i do?

Symptoms: Weight gain

Doctor: Hi,Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Thank you for your query.Weight loss is a slow process. Here are a couple of point ers you want to mind while dieting:1. Avoid refined sugar2. Restrict oils in diet and try to get oil from natural sources such as nuts3. Restrict your diet to about 60% of your regular diet4. Try to eat unprocessed food like fruits and whole grains and not having pasta and polished rice5. Aim to get into a deficit of 500 calories every dayAim to lose about 1 kg per week. And add in 30 mins of workout, 3 times a week. If you do not lose weight after 1 week, please consult a Doctor.