Weight gain after changed in diet and exercise

Patient

Q: I changed my diet and have been working out for the past few months and my weight hasnt done anything good, it keeps going up what can i do?

Symptoms:  Weight gain
Doctor

A:   Hi,

Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Thank you for your query.

Weight loss is a slow process. Here are a couple of pointers you want to mind while dieting:
1. Avoid refined sugar
2. Restrict oils in diet and try to get oil from natural sources such as nuts
3. Restrict your diet to about 60% of your regular diet
4. Try to eat unprocessed food like fruits and whole grains and not having pasta and polished rice
5. Aim to get into a deficit of 500 calories every day

Aim to lose about 1 kg per week. And add in 30 mins of workout, 3 times a week. If you do not lose weight after 1 week, please consult a Doctor.