Weight Loss Alternatives

Q: Hello,
Ive have been trying to lose weight for a while now.
And I was 220lbs then dropped to 208lbs in 2 years and my goal and the ideal weight i need to be is 135lbs. Would it be possible for me to get any type of surgery such as a gastric sleeve?

Symptoms:  No Symptoms

A:   Hi,

Welcome to Ask The Doctor. Thank you for your query.

I do not recommend that you get Gastric Sleeve surgery done. It will be better to diet and exercise to help you lose weight. Here are some pointers to lose weight. Have a balanced diet which has a deficit of 500 calories per day. Also, exercise 30 mins a day for 3 to 4 rimes a week.

While dieting take out refined sugars, reduce the amount of food and reduce processed foods like cake and bread for natural substitutes like whole grain and fruits. If you are not able to lose weight, you may have some disease preventing weight loss and I recommend that you consult a Physician.