Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Weight Loss and best supplements

Weight Loss and best supplements

Patient: I have been thinking about taking some weight loss tablets capsules. I’m not sure what is best for me, but I dont excercise. I know that some “fat burners” just make you “leak” if you don’t excercise. I have been taking some Sea Kelp Tablets, but i’m not sure what they are for and if they actually make me lose weight. What are the best supplements for me? Bare in mind I dont excercise and would like some natural but effective tablets.

Doctor: It is difficult for me to recommend a weight loss supplement. Most weight loss supplements have side effects and their e ffects have not been studied in the long term. Most of the fat burners in the market contain Ephedra, Pyruvate and/or hydroxycitrate stimulate the heart and nervous system; most manufacturers claim this can help burn fat. Side effects include nausea, insomnia,  high blood pressure, headaches, among others. Acai and green tea are also often used to lose weight. If you are eating healthy, getting the right amounts of all food groups and controlling the caloric intake along with a moderate activity level, you will definitely lose weight weight with or without the use of supplements.