Weight loss and feeling cold

Patient : Over the last few months I have lost 3 stone in weight. Since the cold weather has arrived I am feeling so cold and can never get warm....would my weight loss have anything to do with this?
Doctor :   Your weight loss and cold intolerance could be the result of anemia, poor diet, hypothyroidism, anorexia and chronic ill ness. Since you've been experiencing these symptoms for the past few months, I would suggest that you consult your doctor for further evaluation. Blood work for hemoglobin, thyroid levels and a chest x-ray may help in determining the cause of weight loss.