Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Weight Loss Pill + Venlafaxine

Weight Loss Pill + Venlafaxine

Patient: Hi, I am currently taking 75MG of Venlafaxine prescribed by my primary physician. It was to kind of get me “jump started” and a little more motivated. However, I have not noticed a difference in anything since I started taking it about 3 months ago.. The only thing I notice is if I DONT take it and then I get dizzy and get a headache.I am currently trying to lose some weight. I had recently taken synedrex ( a diet pill) and got much better results from that.. But anyway, is this a dangerous combination to mix and be taking at the same time? I know venlafaxine is a pretty powerful medication, and I am not even able to take certain over-the-counter medications for headaches, etc.

Symptoms: I am having a few side-effects, but I think it is primarily from the synedrex (constantly using bathroom).

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor.Venlafaxine and Synedrex are both dangerous drugs. I would not rec ommend that you consume either without prescription from a Doctor. There are some parts of medications in Synedrex that can react with Venlafaxine and cause an increased response.This response would make the person anxious and excitable. I hope this helps you.