Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Weight loss question

Weight loss question

Patient: I’m 12 and I am 5 foot, 2 inches tall. I weight 114 lbs (don’t judge.) I want to lose 15 punts is that healthy?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Based age and height, your weight is actually within a very healthy range. By no means you are overweight. Losing 14 pounds, would actually make you underweight, which can result in health problems and complications with growth. We do not recommend losing any weight at this time. As you get older, your weight will continue stay in a healthy range provided you are eating a balanced diet with a minimal amount of processed foods, and refined sugar. Lastly, regular exercise will also benefit you in maintaining a healthy weight and toned physique.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com