Bump on the ring of my butt hole (Image)

Ask The Doctor > STDs > Bump on the ring of my butt hole (Image)

Patient: Hi there, this is kind of an embarrassing question, but I seem to have these weird bubble bumps on the ring of my butt hole and I don’t know what it could be and it is really stressing me out. This is also very personal, but I did have sexual contact with a man a few months ago but I have no idea if this could even be an STD.

Symptoms: None

Weird bump on the ring of m...-1

Doctor: On reading your detailed history and reviewing the image attached, we are of the opinion that this could be due to an inflammation. A history of any anal intercourse could be a trigger factor. Vigorous penetration of the penis will lead to the abrasion of the tissues around the anus and lead to an inflammatory reaction presenting with pain and rashes. The other cause could be hemorrhoids or anal fissure. Long hours of inactivity and sitting posture or severe straining at stools due to long-standing constipation can lead to the problem. Infections like pin worm, gonorrhea, fungal infections are also a possibility. Avoid anal sex for a while and avoid constipation. Drink plenty of water and have a high fiber diet. You must also get yourself checked for STDs so that you can get it treated at the earliest. An analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen or NSAID can help you symptomatically.

Patient: So, do you think this could be an STD even though I had anal sex a few months ago? Do you recommend any ointments or remedies to help decrease inflammation? I haven’t had any sexual contact in at least 3 months.

Doctor: It could be an STD. Kindly get yourself examined. Use a lignocaine ointment with an antiseptic base like soframycin alternately. It will help.

Patient: will Preparation H work?

Doctor: Yes, it can help. You can try it.

Patient: is there any specific over the counter medications I can try?

Doctor: Yes. Lignocaine gel with soframycin are both available over the counter.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No