Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Weird sensations in small parts of arms and legs.

Weird sensations in small parts of arms and legs.

Patient: Recently I have had a painful/burning/ almost “itching” sensation in random parts of my arms and legs.

Symptoms: Tender parts of arms and legs

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptoms that you are having could be due to many causes like contact dermatitis, all ergy to mites, pets, dust, fumes, etc, atopic dermatitis, side effect of medicines, infections like fungal and scabies , jaundice , anxiety and even dry skin .Kindly consult a dermatologist and get it examined. The doctor may ask for blood, urine, liver and renal function tests. Accordingly the treatment would be started. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight, use a sunscreen with SPF 30 and more, avoid contact with allergens described above, calamine lotion can be applied to soothe the skin.Hope this helped.Regards,