Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Weird sinus head cold I’ve had 4 weeks!!!

Weird sinus head cold I’ve had 4 weeks!!!

Patient: For 4 weeks now I’ve had this awful sinus issue I can’t taste or smell and I have no appetite and I cough uncontrollably at times what can I do to kick this!! I want to be able to eat and taste my food again!!

Symptoms: Coughing sneezing runny nose stuffy nose mucus in throat

Doctor: Hello,If you have been suffering from sinusitis , then the best form of conservative treatment to loosen the mucous i n the sinus is plain water steam inhalation thrice a day along with saline warm water gargles twice a day.The running nose , sneezing and stuffiness can be controlled with an antihistaminic use like tab cetrizine twice a day and if fever exists and sore throat is getting worse , then you have to visit your physician for an antibiotic prescription .I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards