Weird Skin Growth in perineum

Patient : Hi DR, About a week ago i noticed that i had this weird extra skin growth in the area between my vagina and anus. should i be worried? and what could this possibly mean?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that this growth could be a skin tag. An acrochordon (skin tag) is a benign (non-cancerous) outgrowth of of skin. In general this is something that should not concern you, and can be simply removed my a dermatologist. We recommend that you have this examined by your doctor to determine that this is indeed a skin tag and have it surgically excised should you choose to do so. Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com