Well, I know it's not normal but, what would cause

Patient

Q: Well, I know it's not normal but, what would cause pain in your chest during vaginal intercouse? Like, it felt like my partner was pushing out my ribcage from the inside. I would just like an educated guess on why that would happen. It really scared me.

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

The chest pain during sexual activity is mostly Muscular in nature. However, Cardiac Chest pain should be kept in consideration. Cardiac chest pain can occur during a sexual activity due to high energy requirements during the act.
So, you should get a Chest X-Ray and ECG done. If the ECG and Chest X-ray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.
For muscular pain i advise to do hot fomentation over the involved area 3-4 times a day. You can also apply Diclofenac Gel locally over the involved area. On taking this treatment, this usually resolves in 5-7 days. In case you have pain in the abdomen, and acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy