Well, I know it's not normal but, what would cause

Patient : Well, I know it's not normal but, what would cause pain in your chest during vaginal intercouse? Like, it felt like my partner was pushing out my ribcage from the inside. I would just like an educated guess on why that would happen. It really scared me.
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern. The chest pain during sexual activity is mostly Muscular in na ture. However, Cardiac Chest pain should be kept in consideration. Cardiac chest pain can occur during a sexual activity due to high energy requirements during the act. So, you should get a Chest X-Ray and ECG done. If the ECG and Chest X-ray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux. For muscular pain i advise to do hot fomentation over the involved area 3-4 times a day. You can also apply Diclofenac Gel locally over the involved area. On taking this treatment, this usually resolves in 5-7 days. In case you have pain in the abdomen, and acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy