Well my period came on feb 6 and didn't come

Patient : Well my period came on feb. 6 and didn't come back on till mar. 21.. it was longer than what it normally is and i was spotting for four days than it came out normally on the last three days. Every since I got off my stomach and head has been hurting. What is happening to my body
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes. Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like weight changes, stress and strain, lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease etc leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc. Sometimes this irregularity can get corrected in next cycle spontaneously. If irregularity persists you may need evaluation. Clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc can help in finding out the possible cause of your problem and in taking treatment. Abdominal pain and headache can be seen due to causes like gastric infections, gastritis, pelvic infection etc. Clinical examination and ultrasound helps in finding out the cause of this also. Take care.