Well this month I didn't have a period instead I

Patient

Q: Well this month I didn't have a period instead I got what I think is a yeast infection. I had cramping and very sore breast as usual. My cervical mucus is like milky cottage cheese no itching no burning.. What's going on with me?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days should be considered as normal only.
Abdominal cramps and breast tenderness can be seen in premenstrual phase and sometimes in early pregnancy.
If there is possibility of pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility. If test gives negative result, you may wait for one more week and you may get periods by that time as you are having premenstrual symptoms.
If cottage cheese like discharge persists, better to consult your doctor and get examined.
By clinical examination the exact nature of the discharge and possible cause can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.

Take care.